Powered setting device systems← Back to all products
Turnouts can be manually or remotely operated using different types of point machines.
Power-operated setting device systems are electromechanical equipment for remote turnout actuation. These consist of the following basic parts:
a) power-operated point machine
b) actuation and detection rods
c) support and anchor structures for point machine
Cinel SpA designs and manufactures power-operated setting device systems suitable for any type of rail profile and gauge.
Cinel SpA designs and manufactures special and tailor-made actuation and detection rods and support and anchor structures according to Customer needs for any type of rail profile, gauge, and point machine.
Cinel SpA is RFI homologated supplier.
Power-operated setting device
It consists of electromechanical equipment for remote turnout actuation.
Cinel SpA manufactures different types of power-operated point machines: L90, P80, L88, P64.
The point machines have the following salient features:
- Do not require periodic maintenance for at least 500,000 actuations or 25 years
- Mechanically ensure, by means of an appropriate internal locking device, the final position assumed by the closed switch rail.
- Locking is also ensured by a 40 mm “covering stroke” carried out by the tie rod connected to the open switch rail.
- Safety is also guaranteed during the turnout actuation by a temporary force that switches rail exerts upon the stock rail to assure a correct final position of the turnout.
- Remotely transmit an electrical control of the status of the final position assumed by the moving parts of the switch
- A single internal device (which does not require any adjustment) ensures both the CLUTCH and the TRAILING. In the case of a CLUTCH, this device significantly limits the time in which the motor absorbs abnormally and therefore avoids the intervention of the protection switch (IMD).
- Both in the case of CLUTCH or in the case of TRAILING, to reset the point machine it is sufficient to carry out the reverse maneuver to the one that generated the phenomenon and consequently, normal operation is restored without the need to intervene on-site.
Actuation and detection rods
Actuation and detection rods perform a link function between point machine and turnout switch rails.
Cinel SpA designs and manufactures different types of actuation and detection rods for power-operated point machines:
- Actuation and detection rods for power-operated point machine
- Actuation and detection rods in hollow steel bearer for power-operated point machine
Support and anchor structures for point machine
These structures perform a supporting function of the power-operated point machine and its fixing to the stock rails of the turnout.
Via Sile, 29 - 31033
Castelfranco Veneto (TV)
Tel. +39 (0)423 490471
Fax. +39 (0)423 498622
© 2021 - CINEL Officine Meccaniche SpA
REA: TV - 316479
Share capital: €3.850.000,00